Sunday, March 25, 2012

Work IT smart, not hard!

This year, I took a break from work to go back to school, and one of my key objectives is to reflect on my work experiences, and ponder the question "How can organisations derive more value from information technology?".  I also wanted to learn by taking relevant classes and interacting with people from all around the world.

So far, I have been through three months of school and it has been a stimulating experience.  There are actually more ideas than I have time to digest them!  As such, I decided to start this blog to share the key ideas, and I hope it will generate interesting discussions.

I named this blog "Work IT Smart" because I believe that getting more value from IT shouldn't come from working IT harder.  Instead, it should come from smart changes in organisations.  These smart changes include getting better alignment between business and IT, having a more deliberate design process in organisations and gaining in-depth understanding of technological trends.

I hope you will find this blog interesting and I look forward to hearing your views.



No comments:

Post a Comment